Gearbox life extension

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Axel Wegner
      Participant

I’m curious to find out if this would be of interest to the ACC users group.
      We have sold hundreds of these permanent oil filter installation on wet cooling tower fan gears and a few mobile filter carts:
      https://www.cjc.dk/fileadmin/root/File_Admin_Filter/doc_Application_Studies/Industry-Gear-Oil-Cooling-Tower-Fan-Gear-Combined-Cycle-Power-Plant_ASIN5123UK.pdf

Please let me know, thank you!
      Axel

palanidurai
      Participant

Hi,
      Seems to be good in view of life extension. what was old system in which this filtration system is implemented.

Axel Wegner
      Participant

Hi,
      thanks – yes:
      the filtration system is added by piping filter suction and return to any type gearbox (in this case Amarillo, but also many Marley and some other brands)
      typical particle counts before: ISO 24/22/20, sometimes milky due to water to now 16/14/11 with no water. previous oil change intervals 6-12 months, now no oil changes, only top-off.
      gear box life extension: at least double (no oil related failures are known since adding the filters)

palanidurai
      Participant

Hi,
      As you said, lube oil in the gearbox is getting contaminated within short duration and average Gearbox replacement period or change of internal comes in 18-24 months cycle.

Installed Gearbox is having shaft driven lubrication pump at the input which is feeding to all the bearing internally except one of the output shaft bearing which is grease lubricated.

Reference to the filtration system indicated by you,
      Dose it require individually for all the gearboxes or what is the type of arrangement?

regards

jhsulliv
      Participant

How does the CJC™ Fine Filter HDU remove the water?

Axel Wegner
      Participant

Thank you for your responses!

It is recommended to install a small individual filter that keeps you oil dry and clean.
      Water removal by absorption (up to 1 gallon of water).
      You change inserts once per year, unless a top seal breaks and water comes in, then the insert will block with water and alert you that something is wrong.
      Also: you have an ideal oil sample port between the filter pump and filter and you can add fresh oil through the filter during operation.
      To get more details you can also email me at: axel@ccjensen.com
      or call my cell: (+1) 770-853-1589
      or follow my posts on linkedin.com/in/axelwegner67

Best Regards,
      Axel

sriramanPG
      Participant

dear Mr. Axel
      request you share the concept paper with picture for understanding the system
      Mail id. sriraman.pg@indorama.net

Axel Wegner
      Participant

Dear Mr. Sriraman,

I have just sent you an email with attachments, please let me know if it went through.
      Thank you for your interest!
      Axel

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.